Alert: As of October 27, 2016, we have had to temporarily close the Bushwick location. All clients are served at our Park Slope center, with transportation arranged as needed. New York Memory Center continues to serve the Bushwick/Bed Sty communities with caregiver support services, memory screenings, referrals, and day program services at the Park Slope center until further notice.
The Lotus Club and Memory Life Services (see the orange menu buttons under Programs above) are available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with an evening program from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Transportation in wheelchair accessible vans with door-to-door escorts can be arranged from most neighborhoods in Brooklyn.
Please watch the videos that you find on our website or YouTube channel to see our programs in action!
A day at New York Memory Center includes:
- Wheelchair accessible round-trip transport from most Brooklyn neighborhoods (two person wheelchair transfers provided)
- Therapeutic Thematic Arts Programming (TTAP Method)
- Exercise, physical therapy and occupational therapy support services
- Music, dance, and other recreational activities
- Group based cognitive training through word and memory games and individual computer cognitive training programs
- A light breakfast and Mediterranean style hot meal at noon time
- Social interaction with staff, club members and volunteers
- Assistance with ambulation, toileting, specialty meal preparation, and feeding