A membership no one expects but all are grateful to have
If you have been recently diagnosed with early stage Alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder, you are not alone – there is a place for you! Our state-of-the-art Memory Technology Center offers a new approach to strengthening “brain skills” using the latest memory enhancement techniques. Our programming targets eight cognitive domains: short term memory, language, perceptual skills, attention, constructive abilities, orientation, problem solving, and functional abilities. Our members participate in a variety of programs in a club-like setting where one can cultivate lasting friendships, engage in personal growth, and avoid the social isolation that often accompanies an early diagnosis.
The Lotus Club offers:
• Escorted round-trip transportation to-and-from your home from most Brooklyn neighborhoods
• A light breakfast and afternoon lunch
• Group based and one-on-one computer based cognitive training classes
• Art, music, dance, yoga, meditation, reiki, poetry, exercise, therapeutic recreation classes, & more (more photos)
• Peer support group
• Group trips to ballgames, concerts and other events
• Opportunities to engage in community projects that benefit others
To see the benefits of attending the New York Memory Center for people with memory loss and their caregivers, watch this 11-minute film, “Don’t Ask Me What I Had for Breakfast”:
Click here for schedule and holiday closings.
The Saturday program and evening hours are suspended starting January 14, 2013. We will alert caregivers to the new start-up date.